Did you know that 2,407 people were killed in 2013 from drunk drivers in Florida? Also, according to National statistics, about 12,000 people die every year in DUI-related accidents.
As Personal Injury attorneys, we feel the need to address a growing problem in our community. Drunk driving puts in danger not only the driver and his or her passengers but also those who share the road with them. It is our duty as citizens to ensure that we all do our part in providing as much information as possible to avoid Auto Accidents. The following tips should be considered to avoid driving drunk as well as spot drunk drivers on the road.
When drinking alcohol, you need to be responsible and always remember to do the following:
- Get a taxi if you know you will be drinking.
- If you have been drinking and have no method of transportation, stay where you are and find a hotel nearby.
- If you plan to go to a party, make sure to bring with you a trustworthy person. You want to make sure that if you plan on drinking, your friend, sibling or significant other is there with you to drive you home.
- Make sure you eat before drinking. A full stomach will slow the rate of alcohol absorption.
When driving on the road always be alert and watch for drunk drivers.
Here are some of the things you should look for:
- If you see a car swerving, making wide turns or driving slower than the speed limit, stay away from them or stop on the side of the road and call 911.
- If a vehicle is driving on the wrong side of the road or braking frequently, make sure to stop on the side of the road and call 911.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, contact Hysenlika Law Firm here. We will answer any questions you may have.